- manage a client’s expectations of his or her financial future by presenting different scenarios and evaluating the client’s budget and expenses.
- explain the short-term and long-term effects of dividing property.
- analyze pensions and retirement plans.
- determine if the client can afford the marital home, and if not, what he or she can afford.
- recognize the tax consequences of different settlement proposals.
While going back to work can be daunting to some and rewarding to others, the best divorce advice we can give you is to assess your goals, and what is truly meaningful to you. With over 25 years’ experience helping people optimize and manage their resources, we will evaluate your goals and your ability to achieve them.
- Do take some time out for yourself.
- Do be honest.
- Do put the children first.
- Do get some sleep – this might be the hardest thing to do!
- Don’t argue or criticize your spouse in front of the children.
- Don’t use your children as messengers.
- Don’t withhold visitation from your spouse.
- Don’t go it alone.
- Don’t burden your children with your troubles.
- Don’t make rash decisions.
Comprehensive Financial Help – Advice and Implementation
List of Services
- Dividing retirement plans
- Recommending realistic assumptions for projected inflation and rates of return
- Determining household costs and monthly budgets
- Assisting with debt control and credit issues
- Analyzing implications of custody and child spousal support
- Setting up budget and financial management strategies using our proprietary on-line program
Andrea and Bill were married for 14 years. Andrea gave up a lucrative job to stay home with their only son Jacob. The marriage was strained. Andrea wanted a divorce, but she was concerned she could not maintain the current lifestyle she and Jacob grew accustomed to - a major issue for most women considering a divorce. It took courage for her to reach out for help.
We worked with Andrea to generate a financial analysis and a proposed division of assets. We projected her future cash flow allowing her to feel more secure. We offered her tools to help her remain in control of her situation. As Andrea became more refreshed and confident, we worked together to develop a road map for her new journey; life after divorce.
Today, Andrea has full custody of Jacob and received a fair settlement in her divorce. Her new home is peaceful and loving. Jacob has friends over frequently and is doing very well in school. Andrea is back at work. She took less pay to re-enter the workforce. Within 6 months, she received a raise and shortly after that; a generous bonus!
"When faced with adversity or hardship, reflect on what you have to help you see the big picture and avoid being overwhelmed by current setbacks." ~ Dr. Robert Emmons
“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”
"The most common way women give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." ~ Alice Walker